PSC Rate Case Public Hearing October 13, 2020
PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL CUSTOMERS OF THE
TOWN OF SCOTT WATER UTILITY
The Town of Scott Water Utility has filed an application with the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW) to increase water rates. The increase is necessary due to a 6.73 percent increase in gross plant investment and a 25.33 percent increase in operating expenses since the last water rate case was completed in 2017.
The total increase in water revenues requested is $83,716 which will result in an estimated overall rate increase of 25.68 percent over the water utility’s present revenues. If the request is granted, the water bill for an average residential customer with a ⅝-inch or ¾-inch meter who uses 11,000 gallons of water per quarter will increase from $96.50 to $125.10, or 29.64% (including the public fire protection charge).
A telephonic public hearing on the application has been scheduled for Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. This is a virtual hearing to which members of the public may attend by telephone or listen to live broadcast on-line. Scheduling questions regarding this hearing may be directed to the PSCW at (608) 266-3766.
To attend by telephone use the following:
- Dial-in number: (872) 240-3212 (Toll)
- Access Code: 903-694-349 #
A person may testify in this proceeding without becoming a party and without attorney representation. A person may submit this testimony in only one of the following ways:
- Web Comment. Go to the Commission’s web site at http://psc.wi.gov, click on “File a Comment”. On the next page select the “File a comment” link that appears for docket number 5296-WR-103. Web comments shall be received no later than Monday,
October 19, 2020.
- Oral Comment. Speak over the telephone during the public session. The Administrative Law Judge may receive an oral comment from any member of the public in attendance after the close of any party and Commission staff testimony. The Administrative Law Judge will receive an oral comment by unmuting each phone connection one at a time and inquiring into the each caller’s desire to comment.
- Mail Comment. All comments submitted by U.S. Mail shall be received no later than Monday, October 19, 2020 and shall be addressed to: Attn: Docket 5296-WR-103 Comments, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7854, Madison, WI 53707-7854.
The PSCW intends to webcast this hearing live on the PSCW’s web site at http://psc.wi.gov under the “PSC Live Broadcast” button.
All documents in this docket are filed on the Commission’s Electronic Records Filing (ERF) system. To view these documents: (1) go to the Commission’s E-Services Portal at http://apps.psc.wi.gov, (2) enter “5296-WR-103” in the box labeled “Quick Single Docket Search,” and (3) select “Documents”.
If you have any questions, please contact Town of Scott Water Utility at (920) 406-9380.