TOWN OF SCOTT, WISCONSIN
ORDINANCE NO. 2017-11-01
Date of Enactment: November 14, 2017
ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE REPEALING OF CHAPTER 301, STORMWATER UTILITY AND REPEALING AND RECREATING CHAPTER 363, WATER UTILITY DISTRICT AS CHAPTER 363, SCOTT MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT RELATING TO THE COMBINATION AND CONSOLIDATION OF THE TOWN OF SCOTT WATER, SEWER AND STORMWATER UTILITIES INTO A SINGLE UTILITY DISTRICT AND PUBLIC UTILITY FOR THE TOWN OF SCOTT, TOWN OF SCOTT MUNICIPAL CODE – SUMMARY
The Town of Scott has hereby created a single Town wide Utility District and Public Utility for the Town of Scott by the combination and consolidation of the Town’s Water Utility and District, Sewer and Stormwater Utilities hereinafter referred to as the Scott Municipal Utility (“SMU”) together with an independent and nonpartisan Utility Commission to manage and operate the Scott Municipal Utility of the Town of Scott.
This amendment has minor revisions to the original Ordinance 2016-11-01:
Article I. Scott Municipal Utility and Commission
Town of Scott Code Chapter 363-1 Scott Municipal Utility and Commission Created
- (new). Transfer of assets, liabilities, and outstanding debt. Effective the end of the business day on December 31, 2017, all assets, liabilities, and debts of the Bayshore Sanitary District, Royal Scot Sanitary District, and New Franken Sanitary District are hereby transferred to the SMU by the Town Board and include but are not limited to:
- The land rights and improvements of the Town and/or within the jurisdictional control of the affected Utilities and District, including such other rights as are determined to exist, and equipment for the maintenance and management of the same.
- The debt service on all outstanding general obligation debt issued on or before December 31, 2017.
- All loans and other financial instruments in place between the Town and affected Districts shall become the same between the Town, the former Districts and SMU.
- (new) Membership. The Commission shall consist of seven (7) Commissioners, who shall reside within the boundaries of the SMU District.
The rest of the ordinance remained the same.
A full text of the Ordinance may be obtained or reviewed by contacting the Office of the Town Clerk of the Town of Scott, 2621 Jody Drive, New Franken, Wisconsin, 54229, during regular office hours 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to Noon on Friday, Contact the Town Economic Coordinator Dave Cerny at (920)406-9380 if you have any questions. A copy of this Ordinance is available on the Town’s website, www.townofscott.com. This ordinance summary is published pursuant to the provisions of Section 61.50(3) of the Wisconsin Statutes.
Dated this 14th day of November, 2017.
John Roth, Town Clerk
Date of Publication: November 19, 2017